Coronaviris (Covid-19) - Activities Update
In response to the current situation and the suspension of all face-to-face Scouting activities until further notice, the County Activities Team are taking the following actions regarding activities bookings via the County Website, with immediate effect.
1. Bookings for all activities on the County Website have been temporarily suspended.
2. All activities scheduled to run between now and the end of May will not take place.
3. Groups and individuals who have activities booked before the end of May will be contacted in advance of the event date and offered the following options:
a. To rebook on a similar activity later in the year.
b.To be given a full refund.
4. This would then continue as a rolling process in subsequent months until such a time as we’re able to resume the delivery of activities.
5. Bookings will be reopened as soon as Government and Scout Association advice allows.
6. As the suspension of activities also extends to adults, a lead time of 2 to 3 weeks should be expected to prepare kit and collate instructors before events are able to commence.
We kindly ask that leaders and parents do not contact the County Office regarding activities bookings whilst this suspension is in place, but wait for the relevant Activities Delivery Team to contact them.
Whilst it’s disappointing that we’re unable to deliver our programme at the moment, the health and well-being of our young people and adult volunteers must take priority. As the situation rapidly develops, there are no timescales beyond what’s been described above.
I’d like to place on record my gratitude to the hard working volunteers in the County Activities Team and to those Groups and individuals who support our programme. I wish you all well in these challenging times; please do take care.
Yours in Scouting,
Deputy County Commissioner (Activities)