What is Scout Active Support?
Scout Active Support is for anyone over the age of 18 years.
It is a way for adults to volunteer time to Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
There is no requirement to have been involved in Scouting before joining - all that is required is a willingness to volunteer some time to support Scouting. Members can choose to wear the uniform or not. Members can also choose to take the Scout Promise or not. Every hour that members can give in a year are regarded as a valuable commodity.
Scout Active Support is a resource for managers of local Scouting.
Examples of how Active Support members can support Scouting include such as:-
- Providing an source of extra adult help in Leader absence
- Teaching skills that existing Leadership team may not have
- Helping with planning and fundraising for an international trip
- Helping with recruitment for a Group/District or County by attending local events such as University Open Days
- Sharing their knowledge of the local area
- Coordinating a Group/District or County event
Scout Districts in North Yorkshire who have Active Support Units
- Harrogate & Nidderdale
- Ripon & District
- Selby and York